Cannabis also known as Cannabis Sativa scientifically contains mind altering chemical delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other related compounds. Even though cannabis poses no threat to human life, no matter how much evil it has become. It is an excellent plant to relive conditions like Glaucoma and many other diseases. It has a special place in Ayurveda (Traditional Indian Medicine )
It is quite understandable that it has relaxing effect. It is a plant that grows in nature and has no known side-effects. The only thing which should be considered about it is that it is still illegal in most of the world. Even though alcohol which is highly dangerous at least twenty times more neurotic. Alcohol drives towards violence and in an ideal world it should be banned not Cannabis but we do not live in an ideal world.
Tests have shown that Cannabis is pro-creative and is considered as recreational drug. Even though it is not at all a drug. Drug is a chemical, while Cannabis is not. Most people would say that the THC present in it is a drug. I would like to remind you that even “rice” has chemicals, that does not make it a drug. If you still believe in traditional medicine science then you will be surprised about what I am about to tell you.
Our toothpaste and water are laced with poisonous fluoride which is perfectly legal. Making Cannabis legal will definitely hurt Medical Industry. There is no control over the growth of a plant. Which threatens directly the Multi-Billion Dollar industry, based upon Nicotine laced cigarettes and tobacco. You see if you will research deeply, you will find that Cannabis have no known effects, it is infinite times less dangerous than your Fluoride water and less addictive than rice. Still it is portrayed as the evil of the decade.
When the state of California in United States made it legal. There were many deaths because of an overdose. Even though it is impossible for one to die because of an overdose of cannabis. The reason behind it is the governments all over the world specially USA. Have genetically modified it and made it dangerously fatal, to put their point across and to justify the ban on Marijuana.
There still exists a threat with cannabis, namely it reduces a persons ego level. Therefore, things cannot be done under its effect. It brings laziness and a lot of procrastination, people under the influence of Cannabis tend to remain still and does not like to participate in any physical activity. This is why it becomes utterly problematic and creates problem for the long term user.
There is no immediate effect of cannabis but here are some bad effects which occur in long term use of Cannabis:
- Problem with short-term memory, hard to remember names and things in details (People who are long time user remember things more perfectly before they got attached to cannabis)
- Basic intelligence and critical thinking gets hindered and the person becomes unable to think through, things get more shadowy and there never seems to be a solution to anything. Misinterpretation of data lack of mathematical calculations etc.
- Even though it is non-addictive but it creates a dependency upon itself. The person is unable to enjoy music, walk, eating etc without it. A person feels lack of full enjoyment in the moment and therefore requires to smoke it.
- For long term users it brings panic and psychotic behavior. For example a person while smoking up in the mountains might start feeling fear for height and therefore might panic.
- Use of Marijuana increases the possibility of depression. The reason behind it could be that THC present in cannabis pushes a person towards non-participation in their daily activity. A person will rather remain still and high then to act on things they need to presently. Thus it keeps building things which have not been faced or have been suppressed.
- Loss of facial shine and skin becoming dry, eyes sinking deep in a dark black spot, lack of proper sleep and eating disorders.
Footnotes: Attributes of long-term heavy cannabis users:a case–control study - Cambridge University